How Important Is Employee Engagement For A Workplace?

How-Important-Is-Employee-Engagement-For-A-Workplace

Why is employee engagement important? It is obvious that when employees are engaged with their job, it leads to productivity and employee retention, which ultimately leads to customer satisfaction and revenue. Remember that happy and satisfied employees turn into engaged employees who further convert into productive employees, who play a big role in business profitability and success. In fact, companies with high levels of employee engagement can lead to almost 25% higher productivity! This is why today almost 75% of managers consider high levels of employee engagement to be a key factor in the success of their organization. But, the sad part is that only 25% of organizations today see their employees as highly engaged. If you are reading this blog, then you are likely from the remaining 75% of the lot who is looking to engage their employees better, but are somehow unable to. If this is the scenario, you sure need to find out what is going wrong, and how you need to improve. This is where iDeal HR Service, a leading industrial employees relations consultant in Hosur, can help you with their experience of assisting in maintenance of cordial relations with employees, and amicable settlements of disputes to contribute towards a disciplined and harmonious working environment.

How to measure employee engagement levels?

Just like high levels of employee engagement can improve business results, similarly low levels of engagement can increases business costs in the form of increased turn over and difficulty in hiring. So, you must be able to measure employee engagement within your organization to see where you stand, and ensure that you are not facing the issue of low engagement levels. And if you are, you need to buck up and take the required steps to make your employees happy and satisfied ones. However, tracking, monitoring, and measuring employee engagement is a tricky job. You need to put in efforts for getting the most appropriate results. Many companies measure their employee engagement levels through surveys that are developed and administered by consultants. But, this can be a long and cumbersome job, which is why organizations are looking for newer ways of measuring engagement.

  • Instead of measuring engagement, you can just do the opposite. You can identify disengagement within your team by asking a motivation question. This will simplify and speed up the process of surveying your employees, and will help you identify where you need to make corrections before your employees’ performance suffers.
  • Another method is by using a Net Promoter Score, which is an index that measures the willingness of customers to recommend a company’s products or services to others, meaning that it can measure overall customer satisfaction and loyalty with the company’s products/services. Based on their ratings, the company can be given a score between -100 to +100. This methodology has also been adopted by companies to quantify employee satisfaction.
  • Another technology that is popularly used today is where companies can scan digital communications in the workplace by monitoring conversations on chat platforms. Any drop in employee morale in this analysis can alert managers to address the issues immediately.

How can low employee engagement levels be treated?

Once you have used any or all of the above methods and found out that your company is suffering from low engagement levels, you need to take immediate steps to boost employee engagement. The most popular approach used for this is organization-wide communication which ensures that employees at all levels understand how their work is aligned with the business goals, along with providing frequent recognition. For further assistance for the same, you can approach iDeal HR Service, the renowned industrial employees relations consultant in Hosur.