At google.com the development work is done in-house. We have highly skilled Developers, Database Administrators, Unix Administrators, Web Designers, and Network Engineers working together to make our site user-friendly, responsive and commercially driven.
We value people over process and hire highly skilled individuals to give them freedom and responsibility. IT members work directly with the business to prioritize initiatives and respond quickly to changes in the environment.
As a Front End Developer, you will be building the user interfaces of the google.com website. You will work in a small team with designers and other developers to implement features which our users interact with directly.
- Continuously look for ways to improve google.com and implementing A/B tests
- Day to day maintenance of the google.com website and optimizing code for the best user experience
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience with templating systems such as JQuery
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in a commercial environment; pragmatic, down to earth approach
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
Work at Google
There are many benefits in joining the google.com team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus plan, 26 days of annual leave, commuting reimbursement, a pension scheme, travel perks through google.com, and training opportunities. In addition, we offer relocation packages and work sponsorship for worldwide candidates to join our growing IT team in Amsterdam!
Google is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, and software.